Tate Britain has reopened after a £45 million restoration called the Millbank project. It includes re-hanging its collection and a new cafe.
This from their website:-
- To improve the architectural quality and coherence of the building
- To improve the quality of the galleries, allowing us to show more varied works of art in secure environmental conditions and in better light
- To showcase the archive and place it at the heart of the building’s foundations
- To integrate learning within the body of the gallery
- To improve the quality of our visitor facilities, notably the café
- To create a special space for members
- To regain the prestigious spaces around the Rotunda
You can read about some of its past history in this Independant article.
My list of places to visit in London is getting longer, never mind a week I will need a month and a big Lottery win 🙂